Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Temptu -- Temptingly flawless skin


"Doesn't my skin look fabulous?" I demanded as I sat down for a belated dinner with a friend I hadn't seen in a while.

She looked up from her menu and did a double-take. She was a bit flabbergasted and gasped, "Oh my goodness, it's amazing. You look terrific!"

I'm a minimalist, even when I go all out for a big night out on the town. I hate wearing foundation. Creams look like I just smeared something on my face and powders look like just that -- that I'm wearing powder on my face. So I normally go without. My skin color isn't too uneven so I feel okay about going out in bare skin.

Every once in a while I think to myself that I should give foundation another try. I go into a store, someone helps me out and the end result is usually my saying, "I guess it's better than nothing."


This was not the story with Temptu. I was in Sephora to find some other product actually. I took a look at Temptu and a sales rep offered to try it out on me. I agreed because I had some time to kill, but I really wasn't expecting anything. Temptu applies foundation (blush and highlighter) by airbrushing. You pop in one of these sleek looking pods into the airbrushing machine and begin the magic.

When I saw the finished product -- my face -- in the mirror, I was astounded. For once in my life, I was completely blown away by make up. My skin was luminous and beautiful. The airbrushing erased all of the little flaws off my skin and left with me with a perfect canvas. I couldn't tear my eyes away from the mirror. For once, I looked like one of those models with flawless skin.

My friend kept on looking at my face all throughout dinner, murmuring, "You look amazing." At the end of dinner, she decided that she too was going to Sephora to try Temptu. The machine costs $225, but seriously well worth the money because I've never seen anything that gave me perfection like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment